Thursday 12 September 2019

Octoboy

So....I realise that it is not October but I have called this little outpouring 'octoboy' for the other reason...he currently encompasses me at every available opportunity, using what I am convinced are at least 8 limbs. That is ,at any rate, how it feels!!

Thus, I have been struggling with Russian grammar, enjoying the challenge of Anna Karenina, watching the mind-numbingly repetitious nature of children's tv, preparing potatoes and generally doing life, all with the added 'bonus' of Octoboy, wrapped around me. Walking is tricky, I tell you that!

 (Incidentally, no one tells you how boring and mind-grindingly dull it can be. Do I dare admit that? Dare admit that caring for a chap with profound and multiple learning difficulties can be boring? When we aren't chasing him, stopping him from destroying himself, others or stuff, it is crushingly dreary.)

There. What a terrible person I am. Or am I just being honest? After nearly 31 years, I think I might have a little authority and knowledge.....

So, with Octoboy about my person, I am away to empty the washing machine (3rd load of the day)...good job I can still be jolly!!!!😉

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment