Friday 30 October 2015

Friday musings

So..I have a selection of children but have chosen not to write about them so I can preserve their anonymity..also I fear that they might never speak to me again if I laid out their lives on a blog!!!

They did so remarkably well, growing up in a household where our lives had to be largely circled around Jboy . The first few years saw us in and out of hospital, with endless visits to doctors, various members of the medical profession or therapists.  They used to form a human wall around the boy when we were out and people stared at him...we walked along, wall first. Quite often my children would stare back until the starers noticed they had been spotted and stopped, usually scurrying away as quickly as possible. Reminiscent of a rodent.

I am pretty sure my other children will never read this so I can gush about them and say how much I love and appreciate them all. Thanks,all.
It has made them unafraid of difference, in others or themselves (I think). They certainly are not afraid of disability...it is just Other ability. They see in Jboy so much that others do not see.

So gush gush gush, my children.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment