Wednesday 10 August 2016

dog days.....

So...I haven't been terribly active here recently. I wrote a thing recently about the dog days of summer and the origins of that saying but I have decided that for some of us the dog days are darker than they are for others, with the Black Dog nibbling away. Why this should be I don't know. Maybe because for many of us with family members who have Otherabilities, the long summer days are just that....long. The caring continues....for hours and hours. And many, like us, cannot take a holiday...for several reasons, finance being one of them but also the fact that our Boy does not like change of any sort ...so for him, a holiday is stressful and scary. If he goes to theMost Marvellous Respite Centre we cannot guarantee that he will be able to stay there...if he exhibits signs of illness, or signs which they deem to be illness, he must come home..so if we were to go away, we might have to return at any moment...so, while my friends and family whizz around the globe, M continues to work and I continue to do what I do and the Black dog lurks menacingly.
 I have decided that I don't do August
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment