Monday 1 July 2019

Hoturday

So....the Saturday which has just passed was the hottest day this year so far (not a difficult record to beat this year) and the Boy was not impressed.

My Boy doesn't regulate  his temperature very well so when the weather is cold, he is very ,very cold..often blue. Similarly, when the weather is hot, he gets very,very hot. As with the weekend just passed, the weather was very, very hot...as a consequence the Boy found it unbearable. We spent quite a lot of the day trying to cool him down, administering cool beverages, removing as much clothing as decency and he allowed, keeping him in the shade...etc. Not an easy task as he has a mind of his own and once placed in an optimum cool place, more often than not  he decided to find something else to do, somewhere else.

I tried enticing him,siren-like,with water play but he preferred to direct the hose onto the windows, the wind chimes, his father...anything but himself.

He wouldn't eat, unless it was cake.

 He could not settle to any visual entertainment, demanding whatever wasn't on to be on until it was then demanding that it wasn't.

He insisted on close cuddling..which meant that whichever of us had been Chosen, soon became hotter and more bothered than usual...

Oh and

He slept even less than usual.

Oh the joy.

Consequently, on Sunday, he was a grumpy pudding. As indeed were we. If there was ever a day when we could have done with an emergency Jboy service, Sunday was it. We were all tired. M and I felt ill-prepared to parent and the Boy was determined to make the day as long and as difficult as possible.

He, like so many children, reacts differently to each of us...with M, he was merely mischievous and challenging. With me, he pulled my hair, pinched me(a trick learned elsewhere),  kicked me and threw my glasses,rendering me helpless.

ALL DAY.

I can say that it was a day of which I was glad to see the end.

Today, we are in a place of equilibrium...as is evidenced by the picture at the beginning of this blogette  feet atop the footstool, both.

The weather has settled,  we are watching Shaun the Sheep and the potatoes are about ready.

Hurrah.

So, apart from my horrendous hay fever, all is well. Well, wellish as the Boy is currently trying to regain my attention by emptying the sink of its contents...that'll teach me!!!

😁😁😁

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment