Thursday 11 July 2019

Vintage...

So..apparently vintage is a good thing. Vintage clothes, vintage cars,  vintage wine etc....all good. Deemed valuable or quirky or desirable.

What about people though? I was looking at my skin today (one has to do something on one's day off) and was once again surprised at its ...shall we say, lack of youthful springy smoothness!

When did i become so reptilian??? 😱

Talking with a lovely chum today, we were chatting about something which happened a long time ago.....but which feels like the other day!! Where did that time go??

I now understand my parents' preoccupation with The War because for them, it wasn't the ancient history that it was for me. It was just the other day to them. I wish I could tell them that I now understand...sorry ,mum and dad!

However, I haven't spent the day chatting and staring at myself....No! I have also been making things out of paper plates...dinosaur masks (not masks FOR dinosaurs,you understand,but rather for children to disguise themselves cunningly,  with the aid of a paper plate,AS dinosaurs), similarly bear masks, alien heads and jelly fish...all in the name of work!

I have spent a goodly part of the afternoon, surrounded by a morass of card, paper, straws(paper, of course), paper plates, pens and sellotape.

In my element!

You see, at the Bookface, we shall be hosting jolly (well, that is our hope) sessions,  centering on a different theme each week with stories and activities for children....such as making masks etc. See???? It all falls into place.

So....I may have vintage and reptilian skin, but I have the soul of an 8 year old!

Hurrah!

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment