Tuesday 13 August 2019

A big picture person

So.....at the Bookface,during the Summer holiday,  we have had activities and crafts for kids...a different theme each week....this is our penultimate week.

Where did THAT time go?

It hasn't quite panned out as I had envisaged, with one of us being creative and arty, reading engaging theme related stories while doting parents gaze on in delight and joy, purchasing armfuls of books as they depart...ah well. I had forgotten that we wouldn't really have the staff capacity, let alone the physical shop space capacity for such an ambitious imagine.

Thats always been my problem..if a problem it is.....I see the grand sweep of the picture, without the nitty, gritty detailing.

In one of my former lives, I was part of a team  making large fabric banners. Someone would say,"We would like a picture of..."They would name the thing, my brain would go into overdrive, I would engage my limited artistic skills, produce an image and then hand it to a marvellous group of people who could transform a crude drawing into a magnificent work of art, using fabric and sewing skills, the like of which held me in awe.

The memory of which still does.

In our marriage, I am generally the big picture person, with M patiently filling in the detail.

Bookface. Banner design. Marriage.

Thanks all of you for enabling me to be me as I grandly sweep through life, swishing my metaphorical cloak as I go.

That's it.

The End.





No comments:

Post a Comment