Wednesday 21 August 2019

Wednesday whiff

So....it is Wednesday, that traditionally dull day which is neither the beginning nor the end of a week (confession...I quite like Wednesdays..the word is very pleasing in itself as it rolls about the mouth in a most satisfactory way, I find)...it is Wednesday and what more could a mother ask than to be stuck in a bathroom with their Boy as he watches his favourite programme (long spin since you ask)(and ,yes, our washing machine lives in the bathroom)(it is a downstairs bathroom). Long spin on repeat,no less. Oh joy.

It is for the endless long spin watches and Boy obsession for said machine ..oh and the constant washing...that we rent our washing machine...we get through very many. Very, very many

So..we have been in here For Some Time....I have cleaned the bathroom, sparkled the taps, straightened the towels(ok so I didn't do that last one) within an inch of its life.BTW I have been using vinegar to clean for years..so ,move over, Mrs Hinch...now I am sitting, waiting for the latest spin to have spun so we can embark on the next stage of the day...The Pavement Wait.

Our lovely bus chum is on holiday(how very dare she have a life????)(we miss you,L)so we have had a variety of people to help with the Boy in the mornings. He is not impressed...all powers of persuasion will need to be employed which may not be easy today as I feel my brain has been numbed by the constant gurgle and whirr of the washing machine and also maybe pickled by the vinegar fumes (I don't normally have to sit in the room after I have vinegared it...🤢)

But
It
Is
Time

Pavement , here we come, wafting our vinegar whiff as we go...😁😁

Wish me luck.
The End

PS. Yesterday ,at the Bookface, a lady came in for a present for her autistic son. After a lengthy conversation, it transpired that she needed a chat more than a present. I remember that need...just to talk to someone. Hope I fulfilled that for her.

PPS It was the wrong driver today too...we had to have several attempts to get on the bus....but managed in the end.

 Phew

No comments:

Post a Comment