Friday 7 February 2020

And so it goes on....

So....having telephoned the very ice chap at the PiP palace, I have since written emails to various people asking for advice, help, guidance....anything really.

In the way that seems to be the modern life, it is no-one’s ‘responsibility’ and each of the people to whom I sent an email recommended one of the others (to whom I had sent an email) for me to contact.....a veritable vicious circle/cycle.

Today, I have sent a letter. Yes an actual letter with words on paper. In an envelope and everything.....

This will take some days/weeks to reach the person who does have the responsibility ....that is inevitable....so I am not expecting a swift resolution.  It does, however, mean that I feel as if I am being proactive.

I shall ring again....maybe even write again....and on it goes.......


Today, being off work once again but with a different viral infection , so the medics inform me,that has had me coughing the nights and indeed the days away since Tuesday, M drove me in our cosy warm car to a garden centre. Oh, the irony of choosing to go to a garden centre when it is all we do with the Boy!!

I know...how we laughed.

We went to one of our faves which has a log fire and muted music. Of course , it was full of silver haired women and their handsome chaps...or maybe that was just us....once we had quaffed and perused the wares,we sauntered home through the countryside, as a retired chap and his poorly wife can.

We saw a magnificent Red Kite.M seemed to think he was called ‘Hugh”.....’Look at the Hugh,’he cried ...’such a lovely red ‘

(I do know what he meant......😁)

We passed an ancient Iron Age Hill Fort..or at least , the site therefore, enjoying the history in the air.

Now we are home. M is in the garden , doing gardening things and I am doing my Russian..or in fact, writing this blogette..but am contemplating a sleep, cough permitting.

Keep those positive vibes coming for us re:PiP and for all the people who are less fortunate than us to whom it must also happen.

Thank you kindly

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment