Friday 4 November 2016

the carers assessment.

So..recently I had to fill in form for a careers assessment. This form is about a zillion pages long and asks questions which are exceedingly difficult to answer in one or two words. I inevitably end up writing small essays in every little space as I try to explain accurately how life is with my Boy. One has to feel emotionally strong before one starts these forms because one certainly feels emotionally drained afterwards.  One of the little boxes to tick was whether I ever felt in physical danger from JBoy or not. I ticked that yes I do sometimes feel that. He hits out randomly and has a hefty punch. I fact recently he hit my face hard which made my mouth bleed. Of course this ha to be tempered with the fact that he doesn't really understand the consequences of his actions. In the instance mentioned, he was protesting about some thing we were asking him to do and the thump was more about that than hurting me.  So, yes, I do sometimes feel in personal danger....but I can still run faster than he can! Which is what I said to the social worker when she phoned up all concerned, having read my form. I wanted them to know that he hits nd hurts but I don't want them to think he is violent and uncontrollable on purpose. Oh it's a fine line to walk!!! The truth is also that M and  I both have the backs of our hands laced with interlocking scars from where JBoy has scratched and gouged us over the years. It's all part of parenting a chap with Otherabilities, such as ours. The concerned social worker was convinced that I m not in mortal danger, but at least they now know that it isn't all plain sailing.  He will be home in about 20 minutes. I should be peeling potatoes....but I am sitting down with a new book and a cup of coffee instead. Well, it's Friday!!!
THe End

No comments:

Post a Comment