Monday 27 February 2017

the bird has flown

So....hours and moment have passed since last I wrote.  Things change. My lovely chum has gone back to the land of her birth which happens to be on the other side of the world. I know that in these modern times we can still keep in touch much more readily than in days gone by but it feels very different, knowing that I can't just pop over to see her.

DG has been home and gone back again. It is so lovely to see her but also so lovely knowing that she is doing the thing which she loves.  For me though, there is a gap where she was. This has happened with each of our offspring...they have left...flown...as is right and proper...and the gap they left behind will never be filled in the same way again. This is how it should be..I know. Except of course for JBoy. He is still here and will be for the foreseeable future. However M and I are becoming very aware of our age and the fact that we won't be able to do all we do with JBoy for much longer...but the alternative feels too hard.

the birds have flown
All but one
Who stays,
Entwined
Enrobed with parental love
As we age around him

No comments:

Post a Comment