Saturday 4 May 2019

And so it continues....

So.....I filled in the huge PIP form and duly posted it...then today , May the 4th be with you, I had a letter saying that they hadn’t received it and would be stopping Josh’s benefits from some time soon in May. I immediately tried to ring them but of course it is Saturday which is followed by Sunday then,  in this case, Bank Holiday Monday so I won’t be able to get to them until Tuesday.  I could feel my stress levels reaching boiling point tbh....heart pounding etc.

WHAT TO DO???

Thankfully, after two cups of tea and some very determined comfort eating, I concluded that ,as there is nothing I can do until Tuesday, I should try to forget it.

I’m trying.

I might need to chat to myself in the middle of the night when worries always rear their ugly heads and poke me awake.... but for now, I am calm(ish).

M and I have a small pond in the garden which has been there for many a long year. It has been more of a stinking swampy bog  for the last few years but earlier this year I decided to try to revive it. I started to remove some of the rotting leaves which have been clogging it...oh boy did they pong!  M joined in and soon it was looking a lot more like a pond and a lot less like a boggy swamp. We have since undertaken to put oxygenating plants in and have kept it topped up with water.  This week I found a newt in its clear waters, plus waterboatmen skimming their way across the surface and Caddisfly larvae, which are an indicator of good water quality. We feel chuffed. Thankfully it is at the bottom of the garden so there is no danger of the Boy falling in as he won’t go further than the edge of the patio, some 200ft away.

Today, however, having received and then stressed over the PIP letter, I went down to the pond for a little light relief and to put in our latest plant...a small pond rush. However, on reaching into the pond to retrieve some floating debris, my foot slipped. Yes....my be-trainered  right foot slid into the mud and black ooze right up to the ankle. Yuk.

Debris retrieved, I then squelched back up the garden, feeling a little foolish and cross and not a little soggy.

Seeing a woman who was not only stressed but now wet, M kept out of the way.  Wise man.

The saga goes on...

But for now

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment