Tuesday 14 May 2019

Saving the world....

So.....we are trying to be as largely plastic free as possible in our lives. We have found marvellous plastic free alternatives for most things but I am afraid that there is one area in which i am failing...the Boy is doubly incontinent which means giant incontinence products...alright, they are HUGE nappies...let's say it how it is! Disposable nappies. Huge disposable nappies. Made largely of plastic products. It is true that the manufacturers are doing their bit and there is less plastic...but it is still plastic.

Every time I change him, scrabbling about on hands and knees, wrestling with a giant baby who has the strength of the 30 year old man that he is ,inwardly and sometimes even outwardly , I apologise to the world but I really cannot contemplate any alternative......can you even begin to imagine a)the size of a terry nappy that I would need?  b)the number of them I would need for even one day? and c)the washing....not to mention the unmentionable contents which I won't mention, obviously.

So, sorry ,world....I am really trying in every other way but this is one thing I currently cannot change.

I don't throw them in the sea or anything quite as gross but even so...

Sorry, turtles.
Sorry, dolphins.....

Sorry

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment