Saturday 4 June 2016

Potting up

So..yesterday I was mostly planting. In pots. M has removed the brick bike shed and the space was begging to be adorned and loved in the form of plants in pots. My days are short..well, shorter than the average (bear....Yogi Bear fans will get this) since Jboy goes anytime between 8.45 and 9.30 and is returned between 3.20 and 3.45 so I have to do all I need to do , which often turns out to be a lot, within those time parameters. I have been doing it for years since those are roughly school hours too...so here I am, aged, silvery haired and STILL working to school hours!!! Yesterday I decided, after the obligatory supermarket visit to replenish Jboy's stock of Free From Everything cake, to Do the Planting. This involved running up and down the garden with the wheelbarrow to gather compost from the heap at the bottom (and our garden is fairly long) then potting up the multiplicity of pots which I had decided needed to be there!! It took several journeys and a lot of digging and heaving but all the pots are complete and in place. At the moment, some of them are looking a bit shocked, having been torn from their comfy little pot and shoved into a larger pot which they are having to share!! I managed to complete the task by 3.10 which gave me time to wash my hands and make a cup of tea before the evening onslaught of Jboyness. He has yet to see the plants and will no doubt comment on them in his own way, as if to say..'Mother, what have you done NOW!' In other news, I found a birthday cake which is Free From Everything and therefore suitable for Jboy to share in..it is M's birthday next week and we will all (all three of us) will be indulging in a hopefully delicious slice of something which looks remarkably like cake...let's hope it tastes as good as it looks!
Today is Saturday and no doubt the delights of a garden centre await....
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment