Saturday 13 February 2016

Saturday evening.....

So..It is Saturday evening so, of course,M and I are pinned once again by the Boy in front of the TV. We are watching a programme about the 1960s. I remember the end of the sixties fairly well..my brother got married, I had a yellow skirt and had a Sindy doll (the skirt and doll were not related to the marriage of my brother). It has made us think about Jboy though...life would have been very different for us all then. I imagine he would have been secreted away in some hospital or school and would have been declared ineducable. Bit scary really. M says he might have been described as an 'imbecile'..makes me feel a bit weepy!!!  I am SO glad it is now. My boy is sitting, cuddling his dad, having joined us in a jolly day ,visiting a garden centre and watching rugby..not locked away, unloved, uncuddled, starved of affection. He may be extremely hard work and may bring me to my knees on more than one occasion but he is our boy. He is loved. He is most definitely cuddled!!! Oops, welling up...
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment