Thursday 28 January 2016

So what is his diagnosis.....????

So...my boy...what is his diagnosis??  I have been asked that many a time and oft......he doesn't have a specific condition but has a collection of difficulties..or a constellation as it is known.  I shall list the ones I can remember....: here goes...
Agenesis of the corpus callosum (middle bit of brain is missing)
Immature Optic Discs
Small ear bits (not the technical term but I have forgotten what that is)
Inefficient pituitary gland
Cleft Lip (now mended)
Cleft Palate (now mended)(with associated teeth displacement/chewing difficulties)
Heart Murmur (now resolved)
Small boy bits (had testosterone to help)
Undescended testicles (2 operations)
Teeny tiny feet which turn out like a duck (wears orthotics in shoes to help)
Global developmental delay
Few fine motor skills
Visual difficulties
Hearing problems (a fluctuating hearing loss)
Digestive system which doesn't function properly
Diagnosis of Autism

That's all I can think of at the moment...

So altogether he is a marvel of creation so many bits don't work or don't work properly and yet he is still a lovely happy chap.
It means he is completely dependent in every way for everything but he is still our marvel.
Marvellous
The End

ps I know I overuse the word Marvellous.....I am aware of this fact....and I don't  even care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment