Saturday 12 March 2016

resilience

So....I recently mentioned (in my blogette on my own black dog) a little book called 'I had a Black Dog' by Matthew Johnstone. I have recently discovered and also enjoyed another little missive by the same author. This time it is a book about Resilience or 'How to bounce back from adversity and lead a fulfilling life'.   There are a few ways to 'grow' resilience, apparently. But  it seems to boil down to having friends, thinking positively, accepting that you can't always change things , hoping and loving. Sounds like a pretty good way to live to me. In fact, on reading the book I realised that M and I DO try to live like that. Obviously we fail often but the secret is to keep on trying...I think .But as I am often reminded, thoughts are NOT facts.  Maybe everyone has to find their own way of bouncing back because the thing that works for me might not work for anyone else. Maybe we all need each other more than we know. As a very good friend of ours once demonstrated, a single matchstick is easy to break but a whole handful of them, stacked close together is much more difficult. I love the people who are my matchsticks!!! The little book  on resilience concludes as follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment